Saturday, April 25, 2009

Where's the Beef?

On my plate! I added beef and pork to my expanding menu this week. I was so excited! I am SO TIRED OF CHICKEN! I felt like I was growing feathers out of my ears. I cooked fajitas Wednesday night with beef strips and they were so good. Thursday and Friday, I had leftover BBQ pork from Jim N Nick's. Oh boy was it good. Now I need to figure out some good, healthy recipes to incorporate my two "new" foods. Any ideas?

I also have started drinking V8. The spicy hot one! It is so yummy!

The past two weeks have been hard emotionally because of things going on at work but I will persevere. When I get upset, though, I don't eat or drink and I can't afford to do that now. Really don't want to get dehydrated. NOT GOOD!

Had my 2nd support group meeting Thursday and it was great catching up with all my buddies at Princeton. I really enjoy seeing everyone and hearing about everyone's progess. Through this surgery, I have made some wonderful life long friends. I am so grateful for them!

Oh...and I have lost 60 pounds now. :)

No comments: