Thursday, March 19, 2009

Support is a Girl's Best Friend

Not THAT kind of support, although it is vital to me or else, well, you don't really need me to go there...I went to my first weight loss surgery support meeting tonight. It was sooooo what I needed. What was so refreshing was the freedom I felt being in that room. I didn't have to worry about being the fattest one in the room (although I was). No one judges you. Everyone has been where you have been, or they are about to be there. They understand. They laugh with you, they cry with you, they want to get to know you for YOU. Not that I don't have friends like that support me but I hate meetings, especially where one I have never been to before. I would rather hide under my desk or curl up under the covers. You can refer back to the post of WHY I had this surgery. So anyway, I met some great new people. We all share the same struggles. Chairs that we don't fit in. Ordering two drinks in a drive thru so they think two people are going to eat all the food you ordered. Worrying what everyone thinks about you. Yeah. That is my life. But not here. For two hours, I was fat and I wasn't alone.

I sitll sat in the back corner. Haven't come out of my shell too far yet! But I will.....just wait.

No comments: