Saturday, December 13, 2008

Something's in the Chimney...

and it ain't Santa! Oh my! I heard something a couple of nights ago, like something was burrowing in the 10 inches of leaves on the back deck. I scared whatever it was off and hadn't heard it again until tonight. Mark went to investigate and found a hole in the side of the chimney. YAY! Isn't that great news? We still don't know what it is but I pray he finds a new home soon.

We put up a slim 7.5 foot Christmas tree today. We haven't had one in 7 years. I was so excited! There is just something magical about the tree all lit up at night. I turn the lamps off and just sit, basking in the tiny white lights of the tree. Ahhh...what peace that brings...UNTIL!!!

You hear a noise in the chimney! GEEZ!!!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love sitting in the dark and looking at our Christmas tree all lite up, too. It's magical.

We again have little fellas working in our attic this year. Sounds like they are either bowling or building something up there. It's especially loud at night when we're lying in bed trying to go to sleep.

We're getting sticky traps this weekend! Maybe those would work for your little visitor!

Kim said...

I am doing just that. Sitting in the dark with my tree all lit up. Ahhhhh....now if I could just relax! EEEKK!
We have also had bowling squirrels! They are no fun either! I hope your sticky traps worked! I don't remember how we finally got rid of ours. Mark did fix the holes in the siding so our critter is gone now. YAY!