Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wrapping Time

I love wrapping presents. It is relaxing to me...I take time with each one, making sure the ribbons hang just right, that the edges of the paper are folded under so they are even, I even use double-sided tape so it doesn't show..... BAHAHAHAH! JUST KIDDING! YEAH RIGHT!

I do love wrapping...but after two or three presents I am grumbling under my breath. Most of the time, our gifts are traveling somewhere else so I don't even put bows and ribbon on them. I do wrap EVERYTHING though! I love surprises so I think everything needs to be wrapped. Even if I put it in a gift bag, it gets wrapped before it goes in there. That drives my niece crazy-she rolls her eyes at me when she pulls stuff out of a bag and it's wrapped too. Have to have some element of mystery! Plus, it solves the problem of those who like to peek in the bag before they open it. Not gonna do that in my house!

What did Santa do at your house? We had some wrapped, some just sitting under the tree open. I did find it strange when mom and Santa used the same wrapping paper. Never have figured that one out. Maybe mom ordered it from Santa. Yeah, that's it. Or Santa borrowed some from us because he liked it so well. Hmmm, such a mystery.

All this to say, I have lots to wrap and I have yet to get started. Sigh...wanna help?

1 comment:

Janet said...

Santa must have been tired when he got to your house and just used your Mom's paper to last minute wrap rather than go back up to the sleigh to get HIS paper! He's always used his own paper at our house, and leaves the left over rolls here!
I am like you, I LOVE surprises, NEVER peek, and don't even want a hint before it's time to open:-)
What's really funny is, my Mom turned 82 this year, and Santa still visits her house for all 5 of us kids, all our spouses, and 16 grandchildren COMPLETE with stockings! A few years ago, she had to add a wooden border around a wall JUST to hold stockings . . . some kids never grow up. Ain't it wonderful??!!!
Merry Christmas & I love the new blog. . .