Thursday, December 18, 2008

Surgery Update!

Everyone at one time or another gets one of those phone calls that will change your life. Sometimes, unfortunately more than we would like to admit, these phone calls are bringing bad news....but sometimes, they are delivering good news! I got one today...a life changing phone call. When the caller identified herself as Nancy from the surgeon's office, my heart started hammering in my chest and my breathing became very rapid and shallow. In the two seconds it took her to say hello, I was trying to determine the emotion in her voice--was she happy? Disappointed? I couldn't tell. It seemed like an eternity went by before she said "YOU WERE APPROVED!" Blue Cross approved my gastric bypass surgery!!!

When I hung up the phone, I was all excited and nervous at the same time! I will find out after the holidays what steps happen next. Thank-you for your prayers! A new journey awaits!

No comments: